Friday, February 04, 2005

~~~mArKeTiNg EfFoRt!!!~~~

An exciting day for me at Raffle Place MRT. Went to join my marketing exec to distribute FREE Battery Energy Drink. A new product that my company is promoting. It was a pure entry level marketing task we did today but it was fun even though we were under the hot sun for 2hours. There you get to see the really ugly side of Singaporeans. It was printed very clearly the each person is suppose to able to redeem a can when they come with the coupon from the TODAY papers together with their namecard. Most people joined the queue either without reading the fine prints or they were just trying their luck. I choose to believe that they were just trying their luck. Most came without namecards and we decided that we will except ANY namecards as long as they produces one. In the end there were tonnes of namecards from UOB Kay Hian Securities. The reason is obvious. Some even came with Planet Fitness business cards coz they were having a road show too almost just next to us and they displayed their business cards so openly people just take and joined our queue instead with their cards. The best part is when they came repeatedly with Planet's namecards.

My conclusion was that these people came with an objective. Their objective was to get something FREE. It doesn't really matter whether they like that product or is it useful to them at all. I believe to them its just a sense of achievement.

Overall, I have learn something. Marketing is a tough effort and marketing to the correct target audience is an even tougher challenge. Nonetheless, I am still looking forward to becoming a full fledge marketeer. I feel that its a job that is full of challenges and the result of a marketing effort offers satisfaction. Well, at least too me. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home