Sunday, October 09, 2005

~~~dOcToRs AnD pRoFs!!!~~~

Yes, that's what I was surrounded with last night during a wedding banquet. It was more like a gala dinner. All the man were in suit and tie and all the ladies were in their best night gown. It was Z's wedding. Z's Jason's younger brother and few of us were invited even though we don't know Z personally. I guess since I know Aunty Monica through Jason, then it makes sense to be present at her younger son's wedding. Whatever.......bottomline is, I was invited and I went for the dinner. It was super duper grand. Full course chinese dinner with a wide spread of dessert buffer. Wide spread is an understatement. You can imagine a full range of dessert spread and not forgetting a live station preparing crepe suzette. The entire ambience was dark and romantic.
Apart from the wide spread of food, there were also a live band playing soothing jazz music.
It was quite weird when Z came to our table for the table shots. I guess he probably feels funny at most tables, not just ours. Anyway Jon was one of the photographers during the wedding. One photographer is simply not good enough to cover the entire event lor.
There were 3 speeches I think. Uncle spoke too. He is such a humourous person. I must say he has put a lot of thought in his speech. He also annouced that Z will be taking over his clinic next year. Good for him I guess. I think that's a good head start he is getting.
Didn't really get much thoughts during the dinner for my own wedding. Simply becoz, last night's dinner was way too posh to match up with. Many things were customised, like the invites, wedding gifts (Chocolates), table menu, and also there was a small frame on each table indicating all the people's name seated at that table. Every single dish were individually portioned for every table. That makes the entire dinner very draggy.
Overall, I think it was a nice experience. An expensive one too! :D

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finding a political gray area
Every once in a while, the e-mail box pops with a "Google Alert." It means my name has hit the Internet radar, which could be considered a good thing.
I just came across your blog while surfing, Nice! If you are interested in coffee bean you should visit this related site coffee bean You may find it of interest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home